I love indexing. Taking your book and weaving an index from the contents is an intellectual challenge that I take great joy in.
My background is in the biological sciences, and I have over twenty years of experience working in social services. My interests and experiences are varied and range from health, fitness, crafting, and photography to women and gender studies, disability studies, environmental studies, and education. Most of my indexing experience is in scholarly books for Canadian and US presses.
- Psychopathology: An Integrative Approach to Understanding, Assessing, and Treating Psychological Disordersby David H. Barlow et al., to be published May 2023 by Cengage Learning Canada.
- Institutional Culture, Independence, and Rights: Insights from Quebec, Scotland, and Catalonia, by Javier García Oliva and Helen Hall, to be published July 2023 by University of Toronto Press.
- Marius Barbeau’s Vitalist Ethnology by Frances M. Slaney, published March 2023 by University of Ottawa Press/Les Presses de l’Université d’Ottawa
- Ida Rubinstein: Revolutionary Dancer, Actress, and Impresario (by Judith Chazin-Bennahum), published March 2022 by State University of New York (SUNY) Press
- New Perspectives in Modern Korean Buddhism: Institution, Gender, and Secular Society (by Hwansoo Ilmee Kim and Jin Y. Park), to be published December 2022 by State University of New York (SUNY) Press
- Lives Beyond Borders: US Immigrant Women’s Life Writing, Nationality, and Social Justice (by Ina C. Seethaler), published November 2021 by State University of New York (SUNY) Press
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
University of California, Berkeley
- Indexing: Theory and Application
- Indexing for Books, Journals, and Reports
Simon Fraser University
- Indexing: An Essential Art and Science
I produce user-friendly indexes at competitive rates. Working with the author and/or publisher, I create an index that meets length and style specifications and conveys the central themes and ideas of the text. I use dedicated index software for professional results.
Rates are commonly based on cost per indexable page and vary depending on the complexity of the work.
I am detailed, methodical, and reliable. I always meet a deadline and am often ahead of schedule. My prices are reasonable and competitive.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply